Monday, September 24, 2007

Feedback from National Conference on Volunteering & Service

I just received feedback from the workshop I gave at the National Conference on Volunteering & Service. Here are some of the highlights

  • Great for non-geeks, very helpful, awesome & funny - good to laugh at yourself
  • She's a great presenter.
  • This is one of the best sessions I've attended so far.
  • Great information - good job of connecting to a non-computer literate audience!!
  • Great speaker - very enthusiastic & spoke in a way non-web savvy people could understand.
It looks like I'll be presenting a similar webinar for NTEN, so stay tune for those dates!

6 comments:

Mando Rayo said...

Hi there. Do you think its best to sign up on social networking site as an organization or individual? I'm doing it in behalf of my org. Thanks.

Mando
http://www.handsoncentraltexas.org
http://unitedwaycapitalarea.blogspot.com/

Katherine Watier Ong said...

Frankly, some of them are fun to sign up as an individual. For Facebook, I would do both. For MySpace, I would just create an organization profile. For Gather.com, you need to create an individual profile first, and then an org profile.

It depends on your focus for signing up - but having an organization profile will be easier to maintain in the future, while you might take the individual profile with you (because you might find the community fun for personal reasons).

I hope that helps!

Kudoz for posting your website links - you were paying attention to my training! And keep your eyes posted for my blog promotion tips - you need to market your blog as well as your website.

Mando Rayo said...

Thanks Katherine! I appreciate your feedback. I'll keep my eyes peeled for promo tips.

Happy Holidays!
Mando

Bscc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.